July 12, 2011

Caboose's Big News

Howdy friends and family. Caboose here. Well, if you're a friend of mine on Facebook, you know that I have Big News to announce today. Sorry to disappoint -- Caboose & Upstate are not having a baby. [Well, not right now anyway.] I'm heading back to the trail! Before you go judging me, thinking, "that girl is crazy & can't make up her mind" let me explain. My plan is to leave next weekend - driving old, faithful Edmund the 1,157ish miles to Grafton Notch, Maine to see the boys & spend the last 2 - 2.5 weeks with them as their "road side assistance." (: I will be driving the "assistance vehicle" - carrying the boys gear [and mine ... in case I end up hiking any], tons and tons of food, emergency [in case I get stuck] stuff, lots of books, and plenty of clothes and blankets. Upstate & I have gone through Maine on a map and tentatively planned out where I will meet them each day. While I've enjoyed my time at home, I am very much looking forward to being back with Mike - 6 weeks apart will have been a very, very long time away & finishing the adventure with Team Monkey's Inc. (:

If you are interested in sending baked goods [- or any food really] with me to fatten the boys up, please let me know! [Letters are also excellent!] I'll be making rounds in Fountain Inn, Simpsonville, and Greenville next week making the necessary preparations for the long journey North, so I can stop by & pick it up - or I'll be at the Martin's house until I leave, so you can bring it by! (: Stay tuned & please say a prayer for safety as I'm making this drive!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Caboose! I was kinda bummed to hear you got off. Porter and Pace are most likely in ME today or tomorrow. I'm behind on my blog but they hauled through the Presidential Traverse in two days. They want to be done by 7/28 or 7/29. Crazy guys. Deva is behind somewhere.

    Dreamer

    ReplyDelete