Sigh. When I look at you, Amos, I no longer see my tiny little baby. Now I see a sweet, handsome, smart little boy. I know that I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but every time I take one of these "month by month" pictures I look back at the others months and boy how you've changed!
This has been a big month for you. You're first tooth popped through on June 18th and just a few days later you started really army crawling (while we were at the lake). Every since then you have been on.the.move! You don't like to be still for very long which definitely keeps us on our toes. One of your favorite spots to play is under our bed. If ever I can hear you, but not see you, I know that's where you've hidden yourself.
You are a very curious and smart little one. You use your index finger to feel everything (and I mean everything!). It's super cute. You even use that little index finger to stroke your eyelashes as you fall asleep. Sometimes you also like to play with your hair while you fall asleep. I hope that I will remember these tiny details of your growing and changing in my heart forever.
We've discovered how very ticklish you are. We love to "hold you down" and tickle you all over! Your laugh is the sweetest sound on this earth!
Mosie, what a delight you are! (:
And because I couldn't pick my favorite this month:
Mike & I got to spend the weekend on The Goat with Cathy's sister, Marjorie and her beau, Bob. They were so gracious to not only take all 3 of us in, but they fed us delicious meals, took us out on their boat, and entertained us all weekend.
I remembered seeing "10 Things" on Molly's blog a while back and how much I enjoyed reading her 10 things! I hope you'll enjoy my 10 things, too!
1. I have walked from Springer Mt., Georgia to Bear Mt., New York.
2. My favorite food is peanut butter. Hands down. I can (and do) eat a 16 oz jar in about 3 days. I know, it's a problem.
3. I'm pretty obsessed with my birthday. This past year was my golden birthday (:
4. I love to travel. Any where, any place, any time. I'm so crazy about traveling that I'll load up my baby and bring him too. (He had his passport at 3 months old...)
5. I have 2 tattoos. One on my left wrist, the other on my right foot.
6. I love dessert.
7. I love crossfit. I (freakishly) like to workout to workout.
8. This crazy boy has had my heart for 10 years now. (Sheesh, we're getting old...). Wouldn't trade a single minute of those 10 years for anything in the world.
9. My DREAM job would be to be on American Pickers. I love treasures, trinkets, digging through other peoples stuff. I have a laundry basket full of old glass jars that I scavenged from a neighbors trash pile right now. They'll be fabulous when I can figure out what to do with them. (:
10. I still sleep with my blanket. I asked Mike before we were married if I had to give up, and bless his soul, he said "no" (: I don't leave home without it!
Saturday was the first "work day" we've been able to have around 12 Tyler Street in a while. House projects have taken a back burner due to Lake Hartwell being more full than it's been in years - we feel we must take advantage of this water while we can! Anyway, Saturday we dug up some nasty plants that have been haunting our flower beds and sunk the posts for our fence! Hip hip hooray for progress!
I am neither kidding nor lying when I say that it has rained at our house every single day (but maybe one) for at least the past 2 weeks, maybe longer. [It's currently raining as I type.] I also kid you not when I say that I don't mind it one single bit; I actually love it.
My sister, brother & I grew up listening to a gospel group called Fairfield Four with my dad [who has already had Amos listening to them as well]. On the cassette tape that we listened to, the lead singer says a prayer between a couple of the songs that reminds us that in order to appreciate the sunshine, we must have the rain.
I also heard a lady at my local Post Office last week saying that when the Lord sends us rain, pray and ask for more rain. Somebody's been prayin' and the Lord has been listening!