Little Bit Funky]:
- 3.5(ish) lbs granny smith apples
- 12 tbs flour (I used 1/2 all purpose & 1/2 whole wheat--I'd recommend not using the whole wheat flour for this recipe)
- 1.5 cups Stevia
- 4 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- lemon juice
- 2 chilled [not frozen] pie crusts
- 4 TBSP chilled butter, divided evenly
- Peel & core the apples. Cut into 1/2" bite sized pieces.
- Mix the apples with the flour, Stevia, cinnamon & nutmeg. *Make sure everything is coated well!
- Add 1-2 tsp lemon juice (enough to give the mixture some moisture) & stir.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut out circles. A mason jar lid (or something about that size) is perfect. I made 14 mini pies, so I used the left over crust for decorating the top of the mini pies.
- Spray your muffin tin, then line each muffin hole with 1 mini pie crust.
- Fill each crust with the apple mixture (pile it high).
- Once each pie crust is filled with the apple mixture, add 1 of the pieces of butter to each mini pie. (I did not do this which may have contributed to the dryness of my pies...)
- Cover as desired with left over pie crust. Brush with a little melted butter.
- Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes or until the crust is golden brown!