November 29, 2012
I'm sitting here on the couch holding sweet Amos, still in my PJs for the 4th day in a row. Being the time sensitive person that I am I've found myself thinking (every day) that there are things around the house that need to get done, Christmas presents that need to be bought, errands that need to be run - but I find myself right where I need and want to be instead. I am cherishing every single minute I have at home with our sweet boy (I am forever grateful for the chance to be a stay @ home mom). Some mornings all I do is sit around, hold him & stare at him. What a sweet gift we've been given! (: I know these moments won't last forever. Too soon he'll be too big to cradle in my arms or snuggle against my chest. Too soon he won't let me kiss his precious little face a ba-zillion times a day. Too soon he won't sleep in my arms for hours at a time. But for now, I'll sit around in my PJs, cuddle this little one, kiss his face and tell him that his mama & daddy love him over, and over, and over.
November 27, 2012
These past 2 weeks have been absolutely the most life changing weeks of our lives. Baby Amos has been such a delight and joy and both Mike & I are loving being parents to this little guy. He's already taught us so much about each other and ourselves.
A few things that I've learned over the past 2 weeks:
1. My time is not my own. Mike can tell you that my time is something that I’m super protective of, but this little guy has quickly made me realize that it’s no longer something I can be selfish with
2. I don't actually need my coveted 8 hours of sleep every night. And, I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night (sometimes multiple times...but not all the time!) to feed or rock Amos back to sleep
3. Before having a baby I thought I was good a multitasking. Let’s just say, multitasking has been taken to a whole new level. Today I opened 5 cans and got all of the ingredients into the crock-pot for dinner tonight while breast feeding
4. I can do a lot more things with my left hand than I knew I could do
5. I still hate laundry...even when it includes cute baby clothes
6. I really, really love sweet cuddles from Amos
One of my favorite things about having Amos here has been watching my sweet Mikey with him. It has made my heart so full and happy to see the boy who stole my heart in high school love on and take care of our baby boy. Seriously, there is nothing better.
Mikey had to go back to work this week (after about 2 gracious weeks off to be home with me & Amos) and I’m figuring out how to do life with an infant. So far we’ve been pretty on the go…taking lunch to Mike at work, grocery shopping and Christmas crafting. Amos is a trooper to say the least. He sat in my lap today while I painted Christmas gifts for about 3 hours without making a peep. He’s spoiling us for sure.
November 17, 2012
November 12, 2012
Well - we've seen our "due" date come and go. I am and have been ready for this little one to make his or her debut for oh...about a month now. But, I am very thankful that everything is still checking out and we're both healthy every time we go to the doctor. Since we're past our due date I'll get to go to the doctor's office 2x this week (assuming nothing drastic changes between now and the end of the week). I'll keep you posted (: Hopefully by the end of this week (or the end of next week latest) we'll have us a bambino! AND I'll do my best to post pictures of the nursery before then!
November 6, 2012
Some of you know that I am officially a stay at home
Vintage chalkboard window (from our house)
Handmade banners - great for any occasion & can be as custom as you'd like!
Cheese grater earring holder (can be painted any color).
Posted by Megan Martin at 10:32 AM