These past 2 weeks have been absolutely the most life changing weeks of our lives. Baby Amos has been such a delight and joy and both Mike & I are loving being parents to this little guy. He's already taught us so much about each other and ourselves.
A few things that I've learned over the past 2 weeks:
1. My time is not my own. Mike can tell you that my time is something that I’m super protective of, but this little guy has quickly made me realize that it’s no longer something I can be selfish with
2. I don't actually need my coveted 8 hours of sleep every night. And, I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night (sometimes multiple times...but not all the time!) to feed or rock Amos back to sleep
3. Before having a baby I thought I was good a multitasking. Let’s just say, multitasking has been taken to a whole new level. Today I opened 5 cans and got all of the ingredients into the crock-pot for dinner tonight while breast feeding
4. I can do a lot more things with my left hand than I knew I could do
5. I still hate laundry...even when it includes cute baby clothes
6. I really, really love sweet cuddles from Amos
One of my favorite things about having Amos here has been watching my sweet Mikey with him. It has made my heart so full and happy to see the boy who stole my heart in high school love on and take care of our baby boy. Seriously, there is nothing better.
Mikey had to go back to work this week (after about 2 gracious weeks off to be home with me & Amos) and I’m figuring out how to do life with an infant. So far we’ve been pretty on the go…taking lunch to Mike at work, grocery shopping and Christmas crafting. Amos is a trooper to say the least. He sat in my lap today while I painted Christmas gifts for about 3 hours without making a peep. He’s spoiling us for sure.