December 11, 2017

month one | oscar fox

1

Sitting in our spot rocking, with you lying on my legs, looking at the twinkle lights over mama & daddy’s bed. The snow is pinging against the window & the big(ger) boys are having a Nerf war with daddy just on the other side of the wall. 

You’ve slept most of the day. You’re a happy boy...so easy. I tell people that as number four you have to be. You like it best when your brothers are around. They’re always talking to you & kissing you.  I love how seamlessly they’ve welcomed you to their brotherhood. They've affectionally nicknamed you Oski (we'll see if it sticks). 

You’re so alert. You like to be held upright, so you can see the world around you, I think. You seem to love being talked to & are starting to make good eye contact. You're rarely fuss, unless you’re hungry or need to burp. And, just today (!) you've started smiling in response to me! Be still my heart -- I'd forgotten how utterly precious and sacred those first smiles at me are. 

I’ve loved getting to know you over the past month. Having daddy home has meant extra snuggles & extra time just the two of us while he herds your big brothers. I’m forever grateful. It’s been such a joy to sit in our spot and to get to study your little face & pin backed ears, to sit with your tiny hand wrapped around my finger, to play with your little peanut toes and to stroke your velvety soft head, or, to snuggle you close and listen while you sing in your sleep. I love smooshing you to my chest, rubbing your tiny little soft face against mine & just breathing you in. 


These days, I’m certain, are the very best days.

1 comment: