June 27, 2014

Against All Grain Paleo Sweet Potato Quiche

On Monday I did a little breakfast meal prep for the week and prepared a recipe from the Against All Grain cookbook that I borrowed from my sweet friend, Monica. It's SUPER easy to make and has made fixing breakfast this week really quick (always a plus)! While this isn't going to be our "go-to" breakfast quiche (Mike didn't like the sweet potatoes and I didn't care for the rosemary), Mike and I both decided that we like the ease of having a casserole-like dish to grab and fix in the morning - so I'll do a little tweaking and try again!

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato, thinly sliced
10 eggs
1/2 lb ground turkey sausage 
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
3 tbsp coconut milk (or whatever milk you have on hand...I used almond milk)
salt and pepper
olive oil for greasing


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350. 
Grease a pie dish with olive oil. 
Layer sweet potato slices around bottom of dish, making sure the bottom is completely covered. 

IMG_1746

Place cooked sausage on top of potato slices and top with rosemary.

IMG_1748

IMG_1749

  In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over sausage and sweet potatoes.

IMG_1751

Press down any sausage that floats up with your spoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until quiche is set.

IMG_1753

Enjoy! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment