One of our favorite paleo recipes is this chicken salad:
- 1 rotisserie chicken (OR 5-6 boiled chicken breasts)
- 1 avocado
- spicy mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped grapes
- *Optional: lime juice
- Remove skin from rotisserie chicken & shred / pull into a large bowl.
- Cut avocado & scoop out insides into a small bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. **You can add a little lime juice**
- Add avocado & spicy mustard to the pulled chicken. You'll have to eye the amount of mustard to get a consistency that you like.
- Next, add the chopped almonds & chopped grapes
- Stir thoroughly. Add salt & pepper to taste
We love this recipe because it's easy, healthy & makes enough for at least four meals. You can definitely tweak this recipe too -- add dried cranberries, walnuts, a little plain Greek yogurt, a hard boiled egg (or two)...anything you like! (: