February 20, 2015

a letter to my Moose

Untitled

Amos!!! Kid, you are hilarious. Seriously, your little personality is a trip. A couple of nights ago at bed time you pulled your little rocking chair over to your bed, sat down and pointed to your bed, telling your daddy to "get in and lay down." (He obeyed..) Then, you told him you were going to "check on mama" as you walked out of the room. Frequently when asked something you say, "I can't remember," even though I'm sure 95% of the time you just say that for effect. Earlier this week we were reviewing shapes and you learned a new one: "cyl-IN-der." Our real-life model was a jumbo marshmallow, of course, and after you nibbled it for a bit you held it out and said, "It's a stump!" Yay for your little imagination coming to life! I cannot wait to see what other things you create and come up with. Driving home from Gram's house this week you looked out the window and said, "The moon is hiding. Where is that crazy moon?...Where is that rascal moon?" I'm telling you, you are a riot. You also have very good manners. While we may struggle with using the potty 100% of the time and hate bed time, you always say "thank you" for everything. And that little boy, is worth way more than peeing in the potty or going to bed at a reasonable hour.

Speaking of the potty...you are almost potty trained. We've been working on this for about 6-7 weeks now. Depending on who's around determines exactly how potty trained you want to be. If it's me, or Honey, or Mimi / Papa you typically do a good job of telling us when you need to go and actually making it to the potty. However, if daddy is around you wet your pants all.day.long. I'm not sure why - maybe because daddy is so fun you can't waste time thinking about the potty?! That's what I'm going to keep telling myself. Really, you do a great job if we go out anywhere and on the days that are warm you like to tinkle off the front porch onto the leaves. Whatever works!

You're excited about our new house. Every time we pray with you, you thank God for "my new house." I hope you one day understand just how thankful we are for this new house. You're especially excited about the upstairs and you'll tell us that your new house is white. You like to drive by it and always want to get out to play. I'm so looking forward to you and Solomon and all the other Martin kiddos growing up in this house.

Some of your favorite things right now are: Tumbleleaf (show), red (color), "puppa-dog" slippers (shoes), grapes / pizza (food), mmmmeeeeeullllk, with coke as a close second (drink), frisbee (toy), Chick-Fil-A (place to eat), Old Spice muscles commercial / Augustus Gloop (Willie Wonka) videos (things to watch), Andy's 4 baby goats (animal).  You hate: bed time, brushing your teeth, pooping on the potty, when Solly cries (you tell him to "be ki-wet Solly"), having help with anything, getting the boogers out (you tell me that you want to save them and that you're panicking).

Mooshka, I love being your mama. You are a complete hilarious joy to be around. You make life fun and messy and hard at times. It makes me happy to see more of who you are come out. You like to wake up slowly in the morning and are quite the night owl just like your daddy. You love being comfortable over fashionable like me. Your brilliant mind and ability to communicate so well sometimes make it hard to remember that you're actually just a two year old. I frequently have to remind myself and your daddy that you're only two and that you're still learning just like we are. You're teaching me important life lessons daily, like, patience (because let's be real..."quickly" for you and "quickly" for me mean two totally different things), flexibility, to enjoy and celebrate the little things, and to be thankful always (just to name a few). You inspire me, little one, to want know Jesus more. Hearing you call out, "Help me, Jesus!" when you're scared in your bed is the sweetest thing ever and such a simple reminder that I can call out too for help when I need patience or grace to get through my days. Mosie, I can't wait to pick flowers with you this spring, to look for salamanders, newts and red efts in the creek at our new house, to run around barefoot all summer long, to play in the water downtown and to keep growing and learning new things with you every day.

Keep growing & learning dude. A kiss on your forehead, your chin, each cheek, your nose, each eye and your lips from mama.


1 comment:

  1. it's so much fun watching this sweet boy grow up. you are such a good mama to him!

    and i laughed out loud over "be ki-wet Solly." i can totally hear him say that :)

    ReplyDelete