First, I know I haven't posted pictures in a very long time. These past two weeks have been a whirlwind with no down time. Between my class in Athens for my Personal Fitness Trainer cert. and Mike getting ready to leave for Canada last weekend we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I'll get my pictures in order and get down to business ASAP. (I also have limited time on my computer where all of my pictures are because I'm staying with Honey this week while Mike is in Canada..and therefore have no internet)
Anyway, onto "Your Guide To Life!" At the office we get all kinds of magazines (lucky for me, I don't have to buy them...ever!) We just received: Outside Magazine and it has an amazing list of things to do in your life. I am hooked. Here's my list (from the magazine list) of things that we are going to do:
1. Self-guide the Grand Canyon
2. Learn a constellation other than the Big Dipper (i LOVE the stars. I think they absolutely
reflect what a beautiful God we serve)
3. Master a second language - I'm hoping it will be Spanish. My desire is that I will learn it
while living in a Spanish speaking country.
4. Take 2 weeks off. Completely off. No phone. No computer. No watch.
We did this in Costa Rica (but only for a week) for our honeymoon. We are going back for our anniversary (and it's only a week again). Two weeks, whenever it happens will
be a treat.
5. Trek in the Himalayas
6. Win your age group in a race
Lauren's Hope 5K .. here I come! Oct. 2, 2010!! My goal is sub 24 min.
7. Watch the world cup. LIVE.
I don't really care about soccer, but I would love to experience this. Seeing it on TV is
one thing, but in person I bet it's thrilling! Mike and Carson both love soccer. Maybe I could give them a joint birthday present (if I win the lottery!) hah
8. Get in the best shape of your life.
I'm working on it. Highschool is going to be hard to beat
9. Trek Torres del Paine. Alone. (Or in my case, alone with Mike)
Torres del Paine is part of the Chilean national park
10. Go to New Zealand
11. Ski-bum for a winter. (or a life time) .. this is my dream job. i love skiing. and i wantto do it for a living.
12. Live abroad for a year. (or again..for a life time) Mike and I really both want to move away to a foreign country. for us there is so much more to it than it being on a list of things to do in a lifetime.
13. Raise $2500 for a cause - I already know it will be for Lauren's Hope Foundation.
14. Go on a walking safari
15. Volunteer after a disaster.
*I have done this, but I'd like to do it again. I went to Biloxi, MS after Hurricane Katrina. I hope to do it again, maybe even long term. Or maybe with the Peace Corp.
16. Climb the Grand Teton.
This is a list simply from the Outside Magazine. I have a lot of things I want to do and tons more places that I want to go and / or live. I better get started!