December 16, 2011

the life of a nomad

First...
So, so, so tired!
Mikey's so, so, so tird after all that sanding & mudding

Gettin rid of all that dust!
Starting the clean up process. It took us over an hour to get the floors cleaned...in this ONE room.


Primed walls!!
Do you see what I see?! PRIMED walls baby!


Base boards and primed walls!!!
AND baseboards!!! (:

Well folks, we're at it again. We've been in the house for a little over a week ... literally with only a week's worth of stuff. We finally put the mattress on the frame - only to take it down 2 days later. And, I managed to make it to the grocery store to put some bare essentials in the fridge. But, once again we had to stuff everything into the laundry room and nook because those are the only two rooms with tiled floors and Scoot, the floor dude, is coming back today to finish them! (: Since we have to be off of them for a few days we've packed up our bags and are heading back to Mama & Papa Martin's. I came into work this morning saying that I feel like I'm back in college -- except that I'm bringing home a car full of two people's belongings instead of just mine. I'm pretty sure that I didn't bring home as much stuff for Christmas break in college as I have in my car right now...and this was only a weeks worth of stuff! We're going to have to do a mighty-lotta-cleanin'-and-sortin' out our stuff before we officially move!

*We'll be home for Christmas*


1 comment:

  1. (I wrote this yesterday and it didn't go through) The nomads that I hang out with only move every 20 days. I think you guys have them beat. Can't wait to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete