February 8, 2012

Egg Muffins

Last night I cooked dinner for the very first time in our new kitchen! Oh man, how I've missed it. Side note: I'm still missing a large tupperware box of our kitchen goods. I'm not quite sure how that's possible because I brought a ton of kitchen stuff from our storage unit last weekend and shared with Mike how 90% of what we own is kitchen stuff. I'm also not sure where this last huge box of stuff is going to go. Our spacious kitchen can only hold so much stuff as we quickly found out! Anyway, dinner wasn't fancy - scrambled eggs with brats [cut up and cooked], red bell pepper and seasoning. Very healthy, but besides the point. (: I've been researching Paleo recipes [if you have no idea what that is, look it up] and found an awesome Egg Muffin one. It's super simple, delicious, healthy and filling. AND, I made them last night, stuck 'em in the fridge and popped a few in the microwave for breakfast this morning.

Egg Muffins
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Makes 6-9

Ingredients:
6 Eggs
1 bell pepper
1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
1/4 pound sausage / meat of your choice
salt & pepper to taste

[Note: I left out the cheese because I don't like the texture it gives the eggs. Add it when you re-heat if you want. And I don't cook with a lot of salt, so I didn't use it in these either.]

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, add eggs. Chop bell pepper into small pieces. Brown meat. Add bell pepper, meat and any spices / herbs to the mixing bowl. Scramble! Pour into muffin pan. Bake on 350 F for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.


*I used liners in the pan and it worked really well.

Egg Muffins

Yum!


all done


breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment