September 6, 2012

Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches

I made the Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches last night (among about 6 other things). I'm quite impressed with these cake cookies! I mean, c'mon - homemade carrot cake in cookie form (I even shredded the carrots by hand). Yes, please! What's even better is that carrot cake is one of Mikey's favorites, so I had a real-life carrot cake connoisseur on my hands and he loved them! Next time instead of using the suggested ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto the pan I'll use a tablespoon. I made about 1/3 of the batter tablespoon size and like the size of those much better. I'll also use Splenda instead of sugar - I just didn't have any on hand.


carrots
shredded carrots
dry ingredients
dry ingredients
mixing batter

batter 2
shredded carrots and oats added
waiting to be iced!
waiting to be iced

final product
the final product! 








3 comments:

  1. this blog is so stinkin cute!
    I'm Steph Lasitter's bf - found your blog through her Leibster award thingy :)
    I love your pictures and emphasis on the sweet, simple life. Its beautiful!
    Also we both share a love of running and baking - esp in the Fall, am I right? Running as a new mama has been such a source of joy for me.

    My blog is beingopentolife.blogspot.com, in case you ever need a new blog to check out ;)

    I'm following you on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kallah, THANK you!! Yes, I love running & baking (especially in the fall) (: And, I'll definitely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe. I will try this at home this weekday for sure and will serve my family. I hope they will love it.

    Best Regards,
    Mantis Hugo
    Goji Berry Juice

    ReplyDelete