November 13, 2010

keeping up with the martins

[i follow several blogs (don't judge me...i have a LOT of free time) - and found this on Molly's sweet blog. i thought it was a fun way to get to know a little more about us & i really enjoyed reading about Molly & Joe up in NY!]


1What are your middle names? mine is Megan, his is Alan 

2. How long have you been together? we are in our 7th! [God bless him (: ] 

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? we knew each other for 3 years before we started dating. we met a couple of days before our freshman year (at orientation) and started dating our senior year in high school! so yes, we definitely consider ourselves "high school sweethearts" 

4. Who asked who out?  mike asked me out


5. How old are each of you?  both 23 (but i am older) 

6. Did you go to the same school? yep! we started high school together and finished up at Clemson together 

7. Are you from the same home town?  my answer is no, Mike's would be yes. I grew up in Ft. Inn & he grew up (for the most part) in Simpsonville. They are NOT the same place. Do NOT confuse them. 
 
8. Who is the smartest?  can we be smart in different things?! (: haha 

9. Who majored in what?  Me: food science with a concentration in human nutrition and dietetics; Mike: business management with an emphasis in entrepreneurship 

10. Who is the most sensitive?  I guess me, but I'm not very sensitive

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?  Bremerton, WA where Mere & DP lived for 3 years. We've been to Costa Rica too, but geographically I think Bremerton is further. 

12. Who has the worst temper? neither of us really have a bad temper (unless it's dealing with sports - then Mike definitely wins)

13. How many children do you want? 5 or 6 

14. Who does the cooking? Me usually, but some nights it's a team effort! Mike is a great helper in the kitchen. 
15. Who is more social?  Definitely Mike. I have learned to be a extroverted introvert (resume words for ya), but Mike is our social butterfly. 

16. Who is the neat freak?  neither of us, which is probably a bad thing! I do try to keep the house picked up though 

17. Who is the most stubborn? Me 

18. Who wakes up earlier? me - i am the morning person & mike is the night owl...i don't see how people do it!


19. Where was your first date?  The Exorcist - we went with Bryan & CP. How romantic, I know...but we were seniors in HS (cut us a break!) haha 

20. Who has the bigger family? we both have 2 sibblings (i tell people i have 3 sisters & 2 brothers now) and both of our extended families are large 

the kids on my moms side at Christmas (2010)
the kids on my dad's side at Thanksgiving (2006)

 
21. Do you get flowers often?  not often, but it makes it more special when i do! 


These were for our One Year Anniversary! And I LOVED them. 

22. How do you spend the holidays?  Our families live about 10 minutes apart which has really been a blessing for us! We'll spend Thanksgiving lunch with his family, dinner with mine. I'm not sure about Christmas this year -- we're planning on jilly-jagging some of our plans around. 

23. Who is more jealous? me (humbly admitted)

24. How long did it take to get serious?  hmmm...define serious! (: again, we were 17 when we started dating...so a year of high school and a couple years of college will do it for ya

25. Who eats more?  mike, but i'm good competition


26. What do you do for a living?  i work at for my uncle right now at his doctors office


27. Who does the laundry? mostly me - but again, Mike is a great helper. i don't iron (anything) so Mike does all of that, but bc I have more free time i usually can throw in a load if i need to before work / on my day of


28. Who's better with the computer?  me, but mike's gotten much better since we're out of college (believe it or not)

29. Who drives when you are together?  Mike does..most of the time (like 95%) we're in his car going somewhere

30. What is your song? we don't have one! ... our first dance was "With This Ring" (a good ole shag song!) but i tell him all that time that it's "Free" [ZBB] 

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I love it! I had so much fun reading about you and Mike! Hope y'all are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, this is cute! I'ma copy you! :)

    ReplyDelete