August 7, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

Baby Martin's nursery is coming right along! The crib is set up, the soon.to.be.recovered chair is already in place and the dresser we were recently gifted is waiting to be filled up! I've been scanning blogs, Pinterest, and Etsy looking for the perfect decorations and finishing touches.
fearfully
via






Jer. vs


This has been one of my favorite verses throughout this pregnancy. My heart rejoices in knowing that our Creator knows this little one and has set "it" apart for great things. (: I'm thinking that I'll paint my own version of this to hang somewhere in the nursery. 


ABC wall
via
Ahhhhhh. The alphabet wall. I'm hoping to be able to utilize some of the wall space in the nursery for a wall similar to this one...






bedding bedding 2
I'm still swooning over the crib bedding. Since we decided to put the nursery in what was the guest room and the walls were already painted gray (this mama is done painting walls in the house) I decided I'd try to find "neutral" bedding to match. Trust me, cute gender neutral bedding (and clothes for that matter) aren't easy to come by - so when I found this "Not a Peep" bedding from The Land of Nod I knew it was what I had to have. Our awesome community group went in and got us some of the sheets and the crib skirt and Honey got the quilt and a changing pad cover to go with it! I seriously can't wait until it's all in and set up!

My inspiration for our dresser and changing area have come from the blog Little Baby Garvin. [This is also where my the chalkboard idea came from.] Our dresser is oak and we're not painting it - the only changes will be to add new knobs. We're also going to put a shelf or two (like the ones seen here) above the dresser for books / picture frames / trinkets / baby things. I've commissioned my dad to build us a changing area similar to the one seen here. I'm not sure what color it'll be yet...maybe I can convince Mikey to let me paint it something funky that doesn't match at all...(: - and I'm loving the mirror with the garland above it. Seeing as how I already have my burlap banner, all I need now is a mirror!
dresser
via
changing station
via




















No comments:

Post a Comment