January 11, 2013

my *Golden* birthday


A lot has gone on since I blogged last. Forgive me! Life has been busy in the best sort of way. We had lots of Christmas celebrations between our two families, 2 birthdays (my GOLDEN birthday included), a trip to the lake to celebrate the New Year with the whole Martin / Tingle / Johnsen clan, and of course the everyday hum-drum of life thrown into the mix.

lemon pound cake

This year marked my Golden Birthday! For those of you who don’t know what a “Golden Birthday” is – it’s the year you turn the same age as the day of your birthday. I turned 26 on the 26th! Mikey surprised me with a brand new camera right after midnight – it was such a neat surprise (I’ve needed / wanted a new camera forever!) … I’m loving using it, but have much to learn! We celebrated my Golden Birthday as we have with so many birthdays in the past – with skeet shooting, friends, family and good food.


birthday morning

birthday breakfast

birthday

shootin

me & my groom

3 comments:

  1. Is that a pound cake? Looks just like the kind my Nana makes. So good! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran! Your Nana DID make it!! It was seriously the best pound cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love them. When I was pregnant, she made one, sliced it up, and put it in ziploc bags then MAILED it. I was in heaven! I thought I recognized that cake. :)

    ReplyDelete