January 3, 2018

Our 2017 Christmas card

Untitled

Last year's card was my favorite...until this year. I snapped this pic on a Sunday as soon as Mike walked in the door from church with the (3) big boys. Oscar was about 4 days old. I love every single thing about it .. not the very least that their special sleepy animals made it in the photo. 

A couple of years ago Mike and I chose a word for the year...last year we struggled to come up with a word but in retrospect I'd say our word for 2017 was REST. Coming off of a year of rest, we're looking forward to change and new adventure with hopeful eyes & full, full hearts. 

Our word for 2018 is PEACE (our Christmas card was picked out before we chose this word, but I can't help but think "how fitting") ... my prayer over our family for the upcoming season is that we'd enter humbly, accept change gracefully and that our home & lives would be filled with peace. 


"Peace is shalom, which literally means uninjured, completeness, wholeness, welfare. Wherever shalom is present there is well-being, abundance, wholeness, reconciliation. Shalom is the fruitful soil in which God's people flourish and grow in relation to him and to one another..." [A Woman's Words]

No comments:

Post a Comment