January 16, 2018

weekend

1

1-2

1-3

1-4

1-5

1-6

1-7

1-8

Most days our house is a Nerf war zone. Walls are constructed with care, bunkers a built with precision. War gear is donned (typically storm trooper masks & mama's old softball helmet) and battle wounds are doled out like candy. 

Sometimes I hide in the quiet of my room rocking or nursing Oscar, smiling & hoping to remember the sweet sound of squeals, feet plodding & battle cries. Other times I play "reporter" and snap pictures of the war. And other times I go about my business, taking the occasional stray bullet or sword swat in the midst of dishes or laundry. Have I said lately that I really like being the only girl in my house?! 

1 comment:

  1. Dreamiest season of life. Not as in sleep dreams but ones I hope to reminisce about over uninterrupted coffee dates later 😘 You are such a special boy mama and I am better for sharing this season with you my sweet friend! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete