February 7, 2011

here lately

We are under the 5 week mark. 34 days actually. We're finishing up the details [insurance mainly], gathering the last of our gear, and tying up loose ends in preparation for D day. Feelings? At this point I'm tired of waiting, but I'm nervous about making the "wild" my home. I am ready for the weather to warm up a bit. I am still looking forward to the simplicity of the trail. And the time that we're going to have to pray and be quiet in God's presence. We're excited about what He's doing and gettin' us ready for.

We've also gotten some donations for the trip! Bumblebee & Nissin have graciously given us coupons. These will be great because they weigh nothing and we'll be able to go into town with these little guys and buy stuff at a discounted price without having to constantly carry the weight! Just an FYI: Bumblebee products include - tuna, chicken, salmon, sardines, shrimp, etc. [canned and pouched] & Nissin products include - Chow Mein meals, Souper meals, Top Ramen, etc. We are so grateful for these companies and their support for our trip!

Switching gears - we went to see United Pursuit on Sunday at The Channel downtown. They were amazing - not to their glory, but to the glory of God! The worship was something I haven't experienced in a long, long time. I honestly can't even describe it to you. God is good (:



Set a fire down in my Soul
That I can't contain, that I can't control
I want more of you, God. I want more of you, God.


No place I'd rather be
Here in your Love, Here in your love











No comments:

Post a Comment