The closer we get to d day, the more I feel...the more I feel--I dunno. I still think this is something that I can't fully prepare for. Sure, I can tell myself that I'll be cold. But I don't really know how cold - or how to prepare my mind for being cold day after day. Yes, I can tell myself that I'll be sick to death of pasta, oatmeal and bars. But, I can't fathom that right now...not until I'm out on the trail with nothing to eat but pasta, oatmeal and bars. We know that this trip is going to be more mental than anything. While the physical aspect is certainly something to keep in mind - you are literally just walking. As long as we can continue to:
- get up day after day, stinking beyond any stinkiness we've ever known
- put on dirty-clumpy-crusty clothes
- know that we'll be sleeping yet again in a sleeping bag, inside a dirty tent with a pillow that isn't big enough for a baby's head
- walk in the rain - soaking wet to the bone [i mean come on...water is going to find every little crevice and creep down into smallest of holes to soak our poor skin]
- eat the same food [for the 100th day in a row]
Y'all [this is totally random] I have found some amazing cupcake recipes! MMmmmmm! I am dying for a chance to make them! It just so happens that Valentines Day is Monday [I know, who doesn't want to bake on Valentines Day?!]. I've already requested that Mike spend the day baking with me. Since we're on a really limited budget these days I'm thinking that we'll just bake the day away instead of spending money on going out [or on flowers]. These Red Velvet & Strawberry Ricotta are going to be first on my list.
Don't worry, I'll let you know how they are once they're in my belly! (: