March 13, 2012

Update on 12 Tyler Street

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures of updates from around the house...because not much has been worked on in a very.long.time. BUT, last weekend [on Mike's 25th birthday actually] we took a trip to our favorite local salvage shop, The Front Porch, and brought home some wood to work on window boxes shelves. Here was my inspiration:


Pinned Image



salvage finds for 12 tyler street

step one of the window boxes

DP helpin' out

one window finished!

window boxes!!

salvage finds for the window shelves.
step one: install corbels.
sweet DP helpin' us out!
one window finished.
all that's left: drill the rest of the holes & plant flowers! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that idea! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Robert Perry and I grew up in your house at 12 Tyler St. My parents bought the house in 1947 when I was 6. It was built about 1944 [not 1965 as a tax site states]. My folks sold it in 1959 when I was 17, and built the house at 127 Sunset Dr. A few days before Christmas I was in Greenville and drove by and took the liberty of walking around your back yard to view the changes. No one was home. I'm thrilled to see the house fixed up so beautifully. If you would like some 1940s-50s era pictures of the house, I'll be glad to email you some. I live in Bluefield, WV now. My email is robert_perry111@comcast.net .

    ReplyDelete