May 1, 2012

homemade pimento cheese

I don't know why it's so hard for me to post about food. By now you know how much I love food - cooking and eating it. So, over the rest of the spring and summer I am really going to try to be better at posting recipes that I've tried and liked [or not] and some of my favorite tried & true recipes.

Not only have I recently joined a food co-op, The Noisy Rabbit, but our garden should be planted this weekend [better late than never] and I am pumped about the plethora of fresh fruits and veggies that are soon to abound! Between the local fruits and veggies, growing our own and our farm fresh eggs from our friends Mike & Kayla we're on our way to true hippie-dom (: [as if my family didn't think we were already there...haha]!

One of my very favorite things to make is homemade pimento cheese. Mike and I started playing with making our own when we were living with his 'rents last spring before we hit the trail and have created something that is absolutely delicious. One day when I own my own bakery / deli / cafe I'll serve you some on some homemade bread. (:

Ingredients:
1 pound block sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium sized jar of diced pimentos
1 small scoop of light mayonnaise
3 squirts spicy mustard with horseradish
pepper to taste

Directions:
Pour pimentos into bowl. Shred cheese over bowl. Add mayo, mustard and pepper. Stir. Taste (:

Serve chilled with celery, crackers or just eat by itself!

ingredients [minus the cheese]


finished product

*If you're interested in the Noisy Rabbit I'll be happy to share what I know about it with you! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment