March 27, 2013

[banana bread]

Yesterday I got the itch to bake something. For some reason I have an unending supply of frozen bananas in my freezer, so I opted for banana bread. I don't have a tried & true recipe that I always use, so I Googled "banana bread" & picked the first recipe that popped up since I had all of the ingredients. I think this little gem will be my forever go to recipe for banana bread! (:


Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar 
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
*Sprinkle of cinnamon
*1/3 cup of Craisins
*I added the cinnamon & craisins, but these can easily be omitted

directionS
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda, cinnamon and salt over the mixture and mix in. Fold in the Craisins. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

banana bread

No comments:

Post a Comment